Amberg Depot Exhibit : Milwaukee & Northern Railroad

The original Amberg Depot building is part of the museum complex. It contains a collection of local artifacts from the operation of the Milwaukee and Northern Railroad also known as the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific Railroad or simply "The Milwaukee Road." The depot was built shortly after the railroad reached Amberg in 1884. Before the railroad could be extended further north to the town of Pembine the tracks had to cross a large granite outcropping that became known as the "Cuts." It took two years to cut through the granite and for the railroad to reach Pembine, less than ten miles north of Amberg. With the arrival of the railroad Amberg was on its way to becoming a boom town.

Click Here to Start the Exhibit.

Amberg Depot Exhibit
Lantern, KeroseneShort-globe railroad lantern
Boxcar sealerBoxcar sealer
UniformMilwaukee Railroad Security Officer Uniform